Tuesday 13 January 2015

Formula X, Insta-Dri, and Grow Stronger Review

Hi guys,

Saturday night I did my nails using Essie's Grow Stronger base coat, Formula X nail colour and Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Top Coat.
I don't know as of yet whether the Grow Stronger base coat actually works but you can read a review on 'So Nailicious'. I can say however that the base coat STINKS. And I mean, REALLY BAD. I honestly don't know if I've ever smelled a nail polish as bad as the Essie Grow Stronger base coat, so there's a warning for you. I do plan on collecting some of the Essie Base Coats (and some Top Coats too) so when I eventually do get new ones I'll let you know if they smell any more bearable than the Grow Stronger!
The Formula X comes in an awesome bottle but unfortunately the brush is really small (i.e. thin) which makes it really hard to apply nail polish to the whole nail in one fell swoop (or even a few swoops) which is a bummer. I do like the colour though so I would recommend looking at other Formula X products because they so have a great colour range so you are sure to find something you love.



All three polishes however, dried really quickly. Seriously, they were touch dry within a minute (or two). Which was excellent, because it meant less smudging and I was able to do one of the best nail jobs I've ever done (I'm not that good at applying nail polish and my nails aren't that good either so don't judge me).

I'm not sure whether it was me or the polishes or a combination of both that caused my nails to chip within the first day of wearing them, but I believe it was a combination of factors that caused the early chipping of my nail polish. First of all, I let my nails grow out a little longer this time. Usually I trim them right down before painting but this time I let them grow out about 2mm out which meant more exposure and therefore more opportunity for damage. Also, I went swimming on Sunday and Monday which may not have helped the longevity of my nail polish either. So due to the environmental factors it is hard to consider whether the top coat and base coat were successful or not but I will continue to use them as well as test out the longevity of the nail polish without them so I can make a comparison for you.

Hope you are all having an enjoyable holiday! Until next time then.

Jody

No comments:

Post a Comment