Tuesday 3 June 2014

Finally finished Merida

Well, you may remember the Brave poster I drew back in April 2012, well I lost it at one point, then I found it, then I put off finishing it off. But today I finally decided to finish it because I didn't want to look back on it and regret not finishing it so maybe I'll get back into drawing again... If I can find anything I want to draw...

The scanner made it really really bright so some of the colours look a bit fluoro but oh well.

If you have any suggestions for me to draw please let me know either here, on my tumblr or on my twitter. Remember I drew this 2 years ago so my drawing skill may be slightly improved since then. Then again maybe not much. Even though I didn't execute the drawing very well I'm still proud of it since I don't often draw and I only started drawing in colour a few years ago.

I'm so sorry I didn't post any photos of the Easter Show and I haven't posted for ages but the longer I I didn't post the more nervous I got about posting as I'm sure if you are a blogger you can understand. Plus I didn't really have anything interesting to write about but hopefully when I've gotten myself sorted there will be more blog posts. And if it's any consolation, the Easter Show this year turned out to be not as fun as I was hoping for it to be. We ended up not going on many rides. It's really hard when your going with a large a group of people because everybody wants to do different things and sometimes you have to do things other people want instead of what you want. Anyway, hopefully the next time I go it will be more fun. Well anyway, on Sunday I went to a painting workshop at the Art Gallery of NSW held by painter Peter O'Doherty. He was very nice and even though painting isn't my strong point I still got through the day and had fun. Well I'm not a very good painter but here is one of the things I painted
Although I wasn't very good at it and I was in a room full of older women who were practically proffessionals in comparison, I have been inspired to do some more painting of my own and so this afternoon I bought some canvases and brushes and this weekend I'm going to get some more acrylic paints.

Well on the agenda for this month is a four week workshop at the Museum of Contemporary Art at Circular Quay. It is on Thursdays starting this week and I'm slightly nervous but king of excited at the same time. I don't know what we will be doing but apparently "Teens will experiment with unconventional approaches to expressing their creativity whilst applying contemporary techniques and concepts using a range of unusual materials" so I am slightly curious and nervous about that.

Then I've got Work Experience which everyone in Year 10 must do. Don't get me wrong I want to do it but I've been having trouble finding a place. I don't think I'll be able to find a place that is in the same kind of career path I'm thinking of for the future so I might just have to work at a local business which I don't mind it's just a shame is all.

Also, I'm excited for Maleficent which has come out now and I plan to watch it with my cousin. I don't want to get too worked up about it though otherwise I may get disappointed coming out of the movie. I will probably enjoy it more watching it with my cousin though :) What movies are you excited for? Do you have someone you enjoy watching movies and spending time with?
Fashion drawing by Hayden Williams


Anyway that's all from me, hope you've all been having an okay term. My half yearly exams ended last week so thank goodness for that. I hope if you are a student that you did okay in your exams or good luck if they are coming up! Other than that, be happy, be merry, be whatever you think you should be, remember, smile and the world smiles with you so lift your chin up and enjoy the day. Don't wish you had done things different, just do them now.


Lots of love,
Jody xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment